Sunday, February 27, 2011

Birthday Festivities!

As a young girl I always imagined the day when I would turn 21 and miraculously become this wise and knowledgeable adult. Did I ever imagine myself celebrating it in Rome?...never. Minus the fact that I was not with my boyfriend and my family it really was the most amazing birthday ever! Deanna and Katherine surprised me at 12:00 by popping a bottle of Prozeca champagne (my new favorite!) My roomates, Addie and Allie, bought me beautiful daisies from the flower shop down the street and my friends even made me a shot book! That night we headed to the restaurant La Cisterna. I have never received such "birthday treatment" in my life. Our waiters Massimo and Dino wined and dined all of us till we were so full we needed to be rolled out of the restaurant. They showered us in roses, champagne, a 3 course meal, wine, and dessert. I couldn't tell you what it was, but on my 21st birthday I had such a huge realization of how fortunate I really am to have such amazing and special people in my life. Now, I am counting down the days until my family and boyfriend come ( 20 more days!) 

All of us at La Cisterna
All the gifts from my friends!

Dino preparing our antipasta






Delicious sea bass, yummy :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment