Thursday, February 3, 2011

Castel Sant' Angelo

 Everyday my friend kept nagging us to go and see this big castle that she found on her Rick Steve's Map. I kept saying to myself I never knew there was a castle in Rome, but sure enough there was and with a little help from Rick we arrived there with ease. The Castel of Sant' Angelo is a huge cylinder building in Rome that used to be a mausoleum for Hadrian, one of the top Roman Emperors, and his family. We found out in our travel books that this was later used as a castle, prison and now a museum. The view from the top was unlike anything I have ever seen, and the view of Vatican City, St. Peter's Cathedral. and the Tiber River was unbelievable from the top of the Castel. 
Castel Sant' Angelo


Kat, Laurie and Kelly after climbing to the top of the castel

Tiber River

Saint Peter's Cathedral 



No comments:

Post a Comment