Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PISA PISA PISA

This past weekend my friends and I took our fisrt trip outside of rome to Florence. Ever since my sister studied abroad there I kept hearing about how amazing it was, and as soon as I arrived i knew that my high expectations of the cultural city were going to be lived up to. On our way to Florence, I was lured to make a pit stop in Pisa so I could witness the famous leaning tower. For some odd reason the leaning tower was one of my childhood images of Europe so it was a must see for me to go and take the typical tacky tourist picture! Wandering off the train with our backpacks as we made our way to the leaning tower made me feel like such a worldly traveler. On our way to the leaning tower, and yes it is actually leaning, we stopped at the most adorable cafe for lunch called Panetteria Antiche Tradizioni. If you are looking for a home cooked meal with a comfortable cozy feel, eat here! The owner Stephanie cooked all nine of us our lunches by herself and served us outside in a quaint, picturesque cobblestone street. After enjoying our wine and lunch we made our way to the Field of Miracles were the tower is located.  After we took a picture and sat in the field enjoying our wine we were ready to head to Firenze!


Panetteria Antiche Tradizioni, just down the street from the Leaning Tower 



Kisses for Mama Stephanie!





No comments:

Post a Comment