Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Unmasked

Colorful masks, elaborate costumes, gondola rides, and cuttlefish linguini are 5 thing that are making me smile after this past weekend in Venice. Words can not describe how beautiful it was. Although our 7 hour bus ride to Venice was pretty much terrible, our day spent wandering around the streets and St.Mark's square without a doubt made up for it. If only you could have seen first handedly how detailed these costumes were....the people really become devoted to their costumes and become compeltely invested in their characters. After
prancing around St. Mark's square for hours we all decided to take a gondola ride. As the gondelier, in his black and white striped shirt and red scarf brought us up and down the canals I was in complete awe. Drinkign wine and being sung to on a gondola was just a reminder to me of how fortunate I am to be experiencing all of this; I mean what more could I really ask for. I get this realization often, and it motivates me to live up every signle
moment abroad. A great meal was obviously next on our agenda, and the whole day Kelly and I were eager to try the ventian local dish called black cuttlefish linguine. This dish is linguine covered in the ink from the sac of a cuttlefish. Sounds gross (I know), but give it a try because I guarntee you you'll be wanting seconds! I can not wait to return to Venice one day because there is so much more to explore, if only i had more time....



No comments:

Post a Comment