Monday, April 4, 2011

Rome becoming home....


As the weeks go by, I seem to love Rome more and more it really is beginning to feel like home. It amazes me that after being in Rome all this time there are still so many places that I have on my “to do” of places to eat and things to see before I leave. This week I tackled three things on my list. Thanks to this amazing spring weather, my friends and I decided to head to the closest beach called Ostia Lido. Seeing the ocean, eating coconuts, and roasting in the sun was the perfect way to celebrate the oncoming of this beautiful weather. Kelly, Jenny, Laurie and I decided to head to Villa Pamphilla which is a beautiful park that I have been wanting to explore. Not only was it gigantic, but the relaxation amongst the local Roman’s picnicking and bike riding made me appreciate all the beauty that Rome has to offer. Later that night I checked off the third thing on my to do list: A ROMA SOCCER GAME! I felt completely culturally immersed as I sat next to Romans screaming the AS Roma chants and watching beer bottles being thrown at the opposing fans. It was crazy to say the least, but sipping on a Peroni and watching the game was the perfect ending to an unforgettable, low-key weekend in Rome.

Villa Pamphilli

Ostia Lido

Go Roma! 
Just some fresh coconuts, no big deal.

Picnic at Villa Pamphilli ( next on my "to do" list)

No comments:

Post a Comment